Sunday, April 08, 2007

PTL!!! He is RISEN, indeed He is!!!

Easter is one of my favorite holidays because I get to contemplate how our Lord and Savior loved us so much that He choose to come to Earth and die on a Cross for my sins, your sins, the sins of generations past and for all those yet to come. That is the ultimate in love. I can't even begin to understand what it was like to do something so compassionate for those whom you knew might turn against you. I don't know how people can even begin to believe in there being no God, it is just beyond me. I look around me every day and see God's beauty, love and compassion for humanity and I can't see how some can choose to turn a blind eye to what is so obvious. I am sickened how this country that was founded by Christians has forgotten its true heritage (and reason for being) and how now even the word Easter Bunny is offensive. I remember when I was in school it was Easter Break and Christmas Break not Spring Break and Winter Break. How you were able to have a Christmas concert at school and sing songs like Holy Night and Away in the Manger. Since when did a Christmas tree become a Holiday tree? I don't mind that others choose different religions, that is their choice, God did give us the freedom of choice....however this country was founded by Christians so that they could have their Christian faith and values, so not to be ruled by others on how to believe or worship God (not Buddha or any other type of "God"), so why should we have to change our laws to accommodate others...they don't change their laws for Christians or people of other faiths. We have become to lenient as a Country. I wish more Christians would take a stand, so we can take back our country and return it to how those who founded it dreamt it to be for future generations. I am so amazed by God every day and thankful that he choose to love me in spite of my human imperfections and ways. PTL! That He is RISEN!!! Happy Easter. PTL that my father is the King of King and I am a princess. I can't wait to go home to Him.

1 comment: