Thursday, October 04, 2007

In Mourning

We are grieving the loss of my beloved Father-in-law. He died unexpectantly yesterday morning. In a way this might have been heaven sent because he would never get sick where we would have to watch him go through pain. But never the less, to loose him in a blink of an eye is very shocking to all of us. He will be greatly missed. Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers as we go through the grieving process (this includes my Sister-in-laws and their families, my FIL siblings and their families and other who knew him). This is hard for Edward being so little to understand, especially since he only got to see his Grandpa once in Nov of 2005. It is so hard to be so far from family, especially since there is no stopping aging. PTL though that Kirk was able just last month over Labor Day Weekend to get together for a 3 day vacation together with his Dad. I felt on my heart that they needed this weekend alone together with out Edward and I. God must have been telling my something at that time, I am so happy that I listened to what he was telling my heart. We have decided that Edward and I will remain here in Kansas instead of going to the funeral. Edward is confussed about exactly whom it was that passed away and since my FIL will be cermated there will be no way for Edward to put the person with the death. We have talked to him about it and he knows his Grandpa has passed away. I think it is in his best interest to keep it simple at this point.

No comments: