Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Call the Fire Department

Today is my 36th Birthday....hard to believe that 20 years ago, I was celebrating my sweet 16 on this same day. Where has the time gone? Anyway, I digress....Today Kirk wanted us to come to his work as they were having a lunch (I cooked about 4 chickens for the thing...2 whole chickens and then various pieces in homemade BBQ sauce). This morning he told me he would have a birthday cake for me. I told him that was okay but I would rather not. Well he did it anyway, claiming it was for Edwards benefit. I get there and he has a beautiful 1/4 sheet cake with red roses on it. It says Happy 21st Birthday again on it. However my darling husband, decides to be the funny man and buys 3 boxes of 24 count birthday candles. He puts all 72 on them (he says this way no one will know my true age unless they knew to divide 72 by 2). Yep, I know know what a blazing cake looks like. When he started to light the candles they were so close to each other some actually were lighting others. He has them all along the left side of the cake and in the right hand corner, so they were stuffed together on the cake. I asked poor Edwards to blow them out for me because poor mommy was afraid she would have an asthma attack doing so. There was so much smoke afterwards that you almost need an oxygen mask to breath. Bless his heart, guess that is why I love him so much. It is just his way of being sweet.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

hahahahahahahah he is a funny guy!! So where is the picture of the "on Fire" cake?

Desiree's Daily Life said...

Thankfully there wasn't one taken.