Friday, August 11, 2006

Oh What A Day!!!

Well after quite an interesting day yesterday, we actually arrived in Seattle in one piece. The interesting thing is, is that I did not know what was going on until I arrived at the airport in KS to check in. Imagine my suprise when I found out that all liquid and gels were not permitted to beyond the security check point. Sure you could buy a drink in the airport while you waited for the plane, but you had to dump that too before you board the plane, even though you bought it in the airport. Luckily for me I had packed everything in our check-in luggage but a sippy cup of soda for Edward and a bottle of liquid Motrin. Had to put the Motrin in my Check-On Luggage and dump the soda. No big deal. But that wasn't the end of our excitement for the day. Nope, not at all. Get to Denver for our connection flight, and have almost an hour delay. Luckily it was only a hour delay (I learned that a few flights here and there were cancled completely. ). We arrived in SeaTac only about 40 minutes late. However once I got to the rental car people that was a whole different story. DO NOT RENT FROM ADVANTAGE. Lets just say it was an awful experience and I wanted to cry after the day I had had. Today was much better. We went to the Pacific Science Center, then to the Space Needle for lunch. Then afterwards to the amusement park area of the Seattle Center where they have all the kiddie rides. Let Edward ride a few rides. He had a blast. Could have stayed longer but grandma (mine, edward's great grandma) was getting tired. We also went with my mom and her 2 charges that she Nanny's for. One is 2 1/2 yrs and the other 4 mos old. Well that about it here for now. Will try to keep you updated as we go along with our vacation. God Bless!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am sorry you had to go through that crap at the airport. Geez. Well at least you are there and seeing family. I miss ya though. Have fun!!!!!!