Friday, June 01, 2007

What a Night

Last night was awful here in Newton Kansas. We had just laid down to go to sleep, when the lights all of a sudden went out. There was a very wicked thunderstorm a brewing. Well when the lights went out we lost the fans, the air conditioning. I must admit that I need the sound of these things to sleep not to mention the cool air because we have gotten to the humid hotness of the year around here. So with no air conditioning and fans, we had to open the window, which at least created a pretty cool breeze at times in the room. It took them forever to turn back on the electrity. It was almost 5 am before it came on, so needless to say it was a pretty bad nights sleep for both Kirk and I.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Aww sorry. It is wicked hot here in New Jersey today and I would die if I lost my air. It is my best friend right now LOL. Thank goodness everyone was ok. How does my little guy handle storms?