Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Huge Update about why I have been MIA

Well, I know you have been wondering where I have been and what we have been up to. All I have to say is that I am so thankful that Edward is in Preschool this year and that we decided to do the renovations to our house this year and not wait. It has interfered with our school schedule way to much. We are just basically working on the preschool basics and that is it. I ended up just putting the curriculum aside both out of frustration with the renovation and with the actual curriculum itself. Edward and I went on a vacation to Washington State for 2 weeks last month. We left here March 18th and didn't return until April 1st. We had so much fun and went to so many great places up there......Pacific Science Center, 2 different Children Museums, a Easter Brunch Cruise on the Sound, Bowling, Funtasia Indoor Amusement Park (we rode the bumper cars twice, the Indy go karts twice and played 18 holes of putt putt golf)....just to name a few places. We also saw my brother, his wife and their little boy Levi, my step-sister and her little boy Logan, my grandmother and grandfather on my fathers side along with my uncle (that was a great surprise) and of course we saw my mother and my grandmother (her mother). We got a little bit of winter and spring while we were there. It snowed a few days, sunshine a few days and rained the rest. We got pictures of Edward with the Easter Bunny (first time....just for fun) and also had 4 generation pictures done (my brother and his family were unable to come due to illness). We had the pictures taken at the Picture People. They asked us to sign release forms as they wanted to use some of our pictures in their studio for examples. All in all it was a great trip and so nice to get away from the chaos of the renovation here at home. Thankfully it was uneventful too (i.e. no one got injured). I wish I could have seen more folks while I was up there. Weather played such a huge part in not being able to see some of them, time played another part, as did location. I can't believe that I get so lost now when I go up north. I lived for the first 20 years of my life and now I couldn't find my way unless I have a GPS system. I felt so bad because my sister in law didn't get to see us but it would have been late at night and dark out...I feared so much that I would get lost and be unable to find my way back to the hotel. I just signed little man up for some of his summer activities, he will be going to a week long Soccer Camp (1 1/2 long each day for 5 straight days), 6 weeks of swimming lessons, a 10 week long summer bowling league. I still need to sign him up for Kindermusik Summer Camp (I hope that the other activities I just signed him up for wont interfer with this as I really want him to go) and I have to go to the rec center and see why I couldn't sign him up for Blast Ball this year. I should have been able to. I have until Friday to get that done. That is in May. Soccer camp is in mid June and Swimming Lessons are last 2 weeks of June, 1st 2 weeks of July and first 2 weeks of August. Bowling is every Monday. Right now we are finishing up our last Session of Imagine That Kindermusik Class (next year he will start their Young Child Program), Homeschool Bowling League (actually last day of that is tomorrow with awards in 2 weeks), Co-op Class (just 5 more weeks) and we just started Monart Classes again last Friday (I believe that there are 8 classes in total for that this session). I spent all of today unpacking all of Edward's toys and getting them put up in the new playroom/theater room that was added on in the renovation. I think I have a few more days of that to go. Then it will be on to gettting his bedroom into order (he got a big boy bed....a bunk bed with a trundle bed). I spent all of Saturday evening putting 330 stars on his ceiling. I have to get some more I think I will need 420 stars to complete his ceiling. He loves it, he things it looks cool so far. We also need to put up his new space themed ceiling fan that we bought him (it is the one by Hunter). After his bedroom is come the guest room, new kitchen, new bathroom, new laundry room and our bedroom to organize before my Mother-in-law comes for Edwards 5th Birthday. I have the Maids scheduled to come do the deep cleaning on the 30th of this month. So actually I only have until then to get the house back together. After my MIL leaves, the I have an attic and basement to deal with. I just want to get this house back together and organized then I can breath easily. I still have to go to the TPA Homeschool Convention at the end of May to look at Curriculum for Edward for Kindergarten next year. If you have any thing you can tell me about any great Kindergarten Curriculum, I am all ears. I know I wasn't that impressed or happy with the Horizons Preschool Curriculum that we used this year. I can already tell I am going to love my new Kitchen. I can't wait to start using it on a regular basis. We are still hit and miss with being able to use it. Tomorrow I am making Teriyaki with Orange and Ginger Salmon, Lemon Buttered Asparagus, Sour Cream w/ chives and sharp cheddar new potatoes, and whole wheat and rye dinner rolls. This will be the most extravagant thing I have made in my new kitchen. I am not sure if I said I was teaching the Co-op class that Edward is going to this semester. I have been having a blast working with the children, I can tell that this is something I have been missing since I became a Stay At Home Mommy and quit nannying. I have also taken over doing the Co-op weekly newsletter for the rest of the semester as a favor. Please keep our co-op president and her family in your prayers, they can use them. Bless her heart, she is so overwhelmed right now. I was more than happy to be of help. I actually have been enjoying doing it. However I still am unable to figure out how she made links within the newletter that would send you directly to the part of the newsletter you want to view. Oh well, maybe this way folks are reading the whole thing and learning about new things they might not know about. Well I think that is it in a nutshell.

No comments: