Tuesday, March 27, 2007

It seems just like yesterday

My thoughts have been on my niece Megan alot lately. You see this is her last year of High School. When I married Kirk, she was almost 3 1/2 yrs old. Her little brother was just a brand new baby, only few days over 3 months old. She came with her mom, Kirk's sister, to our wedding. She was so sweet and cute. She was such a good girl at the wedding. Baby brother stayed at home with his daddy, that to me said so much about what a great dad his daddy must be to care for him so his mommy could go to her little brothers wedding. I never met any of Kirk's family until we got married. We only dated for 1 month and about 21 days before we got married. NO I WASN'T EXPECTING....LOL....everyone thinks that when you tell them you had a whirlwind courtship. Anyway, I digress, my niece asked her mom why we didn't do that happy dance like they did at the end of the Little Mermaid. I still think of that day often (with a smile, I might add), and I still see her that way some days in my mind. It is so hard for me to believe that she is voting age, driving age and will be heading off to college in the fall. She is a beautiful young woman and fine young adult. That is right I said it. Trust me I don't give out the title Young Adult lightly, I know 30 yr olds who haven't even earned the title of adult. She has had a strong Christian upbringing and you can tell that by the way she conducts herself now. I know that she will do wonderful in College and my thoughts and prayers will go with her as she starts this new era in her life.

No comments: