Wednesday, March 28, 2007

What in the World were we THINKING?

Okay the floor guy came yesterday, took measurements and due to all the excitement and the fact that my mom is coming for Edward's 4th Birthday we wanted to get the floors done ASAP. Well ASAP ended up being first thing this coming Thursday morning, so that means we have to empty out that room 100% by the time we go to bed this evening. On top of this all, a big wig from Kirks work is in town, so that means they are going out after he gets off of work.....so, we becomes me. I have to finish what Kirk and I could not get done last night. Thankfully the dogs are at the vet for the morning and I don't have them, just Edward under foot. I will have to go pick them up soon though, then I will have them under foot plus still have other things in the house I need to get done before we move into a hotel for Thursday and Friday evening. Can't stay here tomorrow night because we will not be able to access the only shower in the house. Friday night requires us to not be in the house because of the fumes from the sealers and stuff. Exciting, huh? We get to do this all over again when we have the down stairs re done this fall or winter and again next year when we have the upstairs done. Have to empty all the rooms. FUN! FUN! FUN! Never realize how lucky you are to have the space that you have until you have empty a room and find places to put everything so people can get around. We still need to find a kennel to put the dogs in overnight on Friday. Can't have them locked outside all night causing ruckus, don't want the neighbors to hate us. :0) Well, better get back to emptying that room, thankfully I am almost done. Have to leave the couch in there until Kirk gets home and can give me a hand moving it. I hope he doesn't stay out to late tonight because he also has a dentist appointment first thing in the morning.

No comments: